Thursday, May 7, 2009

week 1, day 4

Well, I survived another day! Woo hoo! I'm dead tired, but I'm making myself do my blog...it's how I help hold myself accountable other than adding up my points on ww.com. The only "activity" I had today was shopping...lots of it! Most of which was spent carrying the 13-1/2 pound baby in the Bjorn and sometimes pushing the double stroller with an almost 30# two year old and almost 40# four year old. That's gotta be some good resistance right?! At any rate, my legs ACHE tonight, must have gotten some good excerise then. We'll find out on Monday, when I weigh-in for the first time after starting WW.

Today's Menu...

Breakfast:
Homemade "Egg McMuffin"---100 calorie english muffin: 1 point
1/4 cup egg substitute: 1 point
slice of American cheese: 2 points
1 cup Skim milk: 2 points

Breakfast total: 6

*Side note...A McD's egg McMuffin sans the Canadian bacon is 290 calories, which would equate to 6 points...just for the sandwich, that doesn't include a drink! Yikes!!

Morning Snack:
Crystal Light Green Tea with Raspberry: 0 points

Lunch:
McDonald's Southwest Salad w/ grilled chicken: 6 points
Diet Coke: 0 points

Lunch total: 6 points

Dinner:
Spaghetti Pizza: 6 points (WW recipe---see below!)
1 cup Skim milk: 2 points

Dinner total: 8 points

Dessert:
2/3 cup chocolate ice cream: 4.5 points
1/8 cup sliced strawberries: 0 points

Dessert total: 4.5 points

Total Points Used: 24.5 points
Points left for the day: 11.5 points
Activity Points earned today: 3 points
Flex Points left for the week: 35 of 35 points
Activity points earned for the week: 7 points, 0 used.

Spaghetti Pizza:
2 sprays of olive oil cooking spray
12 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles, whole wheat
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
2/3 cup skim milk
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/3 cup basil, fresh, chopped (plus extra for garnish) *I used dried basil
9 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided *I had to use cheddar, my mozz was moldy
32 oz spaghetti sauce *I used 26 oz jar
2 oz pepperoni, julienned *I used 10 turkey pepperonis.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.

Break spaghetti into 2-inch pieces and cook, al dente, according to directions, drain and cool.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg white and egg until frothy. Stir in milk, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil and 1/3 of mozzarella; add cooked spaghetti and stir until thoroughly combined. Spread spaghtti mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees.

Spread spaghetti sauce over pasta; sprinkle w/ remaining cheese. Scatter pepperoni evenly over cheese layer. Return to oven and bake until heated through and cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minuts, garnish with basil and then cut into 10 servings. Yields 1 slice per serving.

1 slice=6 points

No comments: