Friday, May 8, 2009

week 1, day 5

Already day five, only two more days until the first weigh-in. I'm anxious. Hoping I lost something this week! When I did WW in the past, I wasn't real good about tracking on the weekends. But I'm hoping since I'm still on maternity leave, I'll get into a good groove before heading back to work, so once I'm back at work it'll be a no-brainer. Crossing my fingers anyway!

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: (we all got up late, so I didn't get breakfast before I took Amelia to school, so I just had a little of this, little of that for breakfast)
2 slices of whole wheat light bread: 1 point
1/2 T. I can't believe it's not butter: 1 point
1 large banana: 2 points
1 cup skim milk: 2 points
1 bag (90 cal pack) Quaker Granola Bites-Chocolate: 2 points

Breakfast total: 8 points

Morning Snack:
Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar (on the way to pick Amelia up from Pre-School): 2 points

Snack total: 2 points

Lunch:
McD's SW Grilled Chicken Salad: 6 points (yes, I had this yesterday as well, but I picked up lunch for the Hubby and guys at the shop, and the kids and I ate with them as well.)
Diet Dr Pepper: 0 points

Lunch total: 6 points

Afternoon Snack:
1 bag 100 cal pack Chips Ahoy Thin Crisps: 2 points
Bean and cheese roll-up (whole wheat tortilla, 1/8 c. shredded cheddar, 1/8 c. black beans): 2.5 points

Snack total: 2.5 points

For dinner tonight we're having Fish and Chips---WW inspired! I'll post the points and recipe after dinner!

The chips didn't pan out too well, most of them got burnt! So I baked french fries for everyone else and I skipped them. I ate a few of the "chips" that didn't get burnt. For one serving, take a 12 oz baked potato, slice it, put it on a greased pan, spray the potatoes with cooking spray and season bake 30 min at 400 degrees flipping once. 12 oz potatoes=5 points. I only ate about 5 oz...I took care to weigh out 4-12 oz portions of potatoes before I baked them!

WW suggested broiling halibut w/ lemon pepper on it. Instead I used Tiliapia (that's what was in the freezer) and put lemon juice on it then lemon pepper seasoning and baked it while the potatoes baked. I also steamed carrots in the steamer and had a small side salad w/ light French dressing.

Dinner:
Fish and Chips Dinner: 5 points
1 cup skim milk: 2 points

Dinner total: 7 points

Dessert:
Edys Fruit Bar: 1 point

Dessert total: 1 point

Daily points used: 27.5 points

Points left for the day out of 36: 8.5 points

Flex Points used out of 35/week: 0

Activity points earned for the week: 7


No comments: